Sunday, May 29, 2011

Brailie-Little Miss Observant

This little girl came to me this past week (last week of May) and pointed to her diaper and said, "potty, potty."  I said, "do you have to go potty?" She nodded her head and ran into the bathroom.  I followed and took off her diaper and sat her up on the big toilet where she kept saying "poop."  I finally got her to do a little squat and low and behold the girl pooped in the toilet.  A bit later she was doing it again and I decided that I didn't have time to sit with her at the toilet all morning so I went and grabbed out the potty training potty.  She wanted her diaper off and to be on that potty.  She was so proud of herself.  She sat there for a minute and then said, "done," and got up and went right to the toilet paper.  I gave her a square and she had to wipe and throw it in the toilet.  She went back to the potty to repeat the whole process.  I then realized that she really just wanted to play with the toilet paper because later when I was on the phone and took her diaper off so that she wouldn't scream and she could just do this little game and also couldn't monitor the toilet paper she came out with a huge wad, wiping her bum in the kitchen.  BROTHER!!!  She did however pee in that little potty with Allie's coaching.  She is not ready to potty train and the whole thing was a fluke and all she really wants to do is whatever she sees Allie doing.  I have since put the potty away.  I don't have time to do this potty game 10 times a day.  Sorry little girl-you will have to wait.

This is her wiping-I thought it was so dang cute.  What a smart girl.
 Brailie's other favorite thing to do is put on the clothes that Allie always wants to take off (though I might add that she is getting better about staying dressed).  Brailie will put anything on any part of her body she can get it on.  These pictures are with Allie's pj shirt around her feet and her panties around her arm and trying to get on her head (the panties came from the laundry basket-Allie does always keep those on).

No comments: