After being home from Canada for 4 days I packed my bags once again to head to Oklahoma with my mom for Time Out for Women sponsored by Deseret Book. It was fantastic. Greg stayed home with the girls and I went alone with my mom. We met in Oklahoma. It was so great to spend time with her, so great to have time alone, and so great to listen to so many amazing speakers and wonderful music. It was also great to come home and have my three sweeties meet me at the airport. Allie and Brailie were so excited to see me. That was a wonderful feeling. After they picked me up, which was early in the morning, we went to the Church History Museum because I had read about an exhibit they have for kids all about the Book of Mormon. The girls loved it. There was Nephi's boat where you could go fishing and steer it, there was wooden dolls with cloths to recreate stories from the scriptures, there was a replica of the golden plates, blocks to build your own temple, a little recreation of a house in central america where you could sit down for dinner with the missionaries. It had food, pots and pans and a little kitchen. This was Allie's favorite part. There was a section with chickens where you could go and collect the eggs (they were stuffed chickens of course). There was also a little truck to drive and music and costumes to dress up in and dance to the hispanic music. It was so fun. The girls loved it. After we went and explored the prophets/temples section.


3 comments:
My kids loved this place too. They went with Burke and his parents while I was with the YW doing something in Salt Lake. I want to go so bad. We'll have to go this summer. Kaleb was looking at these pictures with me telling me all about it. How fun!
My kids love go there as well! We ride trax down and spend an afternoon. So much fun learning for them!
I love the pictures, that looks like a really great place to have a really good time. I want to go there next time I am around. It would be great fun. Love all the pictures of my darling girls. and the darling daddy too.
Post a Comment