Friday, January 20, 2012
Allie
Just a few thoughts about Allie. I have noticed that this little girl loves to play. She is always wanting someone to play with her. Thank heavens she has Brailie but even then she is often asking for a friend. I feel bad because I am not a good friend maker and so it is hard for me to put myself out there and find friends for her. I have been surprised at how willing she is to make friends. Like when we are a ball games and stuff she is looking to see if there is another little kid to be friends with. The other night in Price she saw a couple of little girls sitting by us and she wanted to be friends so she took her Dora book over there and laid on the floor right by them and just started chatting. They eventually started chatting back. I was so proud of her. She did not get that ability from me. When we go to the park and there are friends there she is so happy and asks if they can come over for lunch and to play and for supper and the next day and the next. I wish I was a bit more brave so I could find her some more friends. I am so grateful for friendliness being a part of her personality and I want to foster it as much as I can. She is so much happier too when she has had something fun to do with someone else. I wish my friends that have kids that I am so completely comfortable around lived closer so that it was just an automatic thing to have my children have friends too. I know that they could just come over or we could go to their house and I would be 100% comfortable sitting and visiting while our kids just played. For now I am so grateful for Brailie being a good playmate and for the times we bump into other kids at the park because it is the best part of Allies day for sure.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm so glad that she is learning how to strike up playing with other children, that is great that she can do it so well. You just have to try it more too.
Post a Comment