Monday, March 19, 2012
Making Memories
That was the purpose of the trip to Canada-make memories with my dad while he was feeling healthy; let the girls have a chance to see him outside of a hospital. It majorly back fired-that plan did. My girls will now probably think that the only thing Grandpa Sam knows how to do is sleep. That is pretty much all we have done since being here-watch him sleep. No pictures, no smiles really even, I had a book with questions I was wanting him to answer in his own handwriting but that has not happened either. I haven't had the courage to take it out-I don't want him to tell me he doesn't have the strength to do it. I haven't even hugged him yet. So much for taking advantage of the time to make some really good memories. I don't know if I have the strength to come back another time to try and do it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
leave the book and maybe your mom can get him to answer some of your questions. take pictures anyways - and even some of the countryside around your home - they will remember.
Post a Comment