Thursday, January 5, 2012

Christmas in Review Part 1

 I have been putting off writing this post about Christmas for multiple reasons.  #1 is that it takes forever to load all the photos.  #2 It takes forever to write about all the photos and #3 I just wasn't in the Christmas spirit at all this year so I have actually just been glad it was all over and haven't been in the mood to write about it.  But I know my mom and a few other relatives and friends would enjoy seeing these pictures so I am here to post. 
I am going to just let the pictures do most of the talking.

This is Allie playing in the snow at Grandmas in Monroe.  She was so excited to get to do this.  She had been talking about it for weeks prior.  No other parents would let their kids come outside so we went by ourselves and she had fun but would have had more fun if we had snow pants that fit.  She also wanted to make a snowman and it was the wrong kind of snow but oh well.

On Christmas eve all the cousins decorated a sugar cookie that Auntie Carries brought.  Notice who has the most sprinkles?

I love making collages like this because we always think it is a great idea to try and get a cousins shot and they are always hillarious and never perfect.  I love looking at each one and seeing what each kid is doing each time we tryed to take the picture.

I thought this picture was perfect.  Allie loves her cousins.  I wish they were closer and could be better friends.

Brailie showing off her Dora Christmas jammies.
Christmas jammies
Santa came to Grandma's house on Christmas eve.  Allie was excited to see him but did not want to go near him.  Then after seeing the cousins do it she got brave and took Brailie with her.  She just jumped on his knee and started talking.  This was a MAJOR breakthrough.  After she came running to me and asked to go outside to see the reindeer.  Luckily I told her Santa had them at home resting before the big night.

The one thing that did make my holiday was this man.  We had an ugly sweater party amongst the adults. Teri didn't understand that it was ugly Christmas sweaters and just wore a plain ugly one and Ryan chickened out and just wore a t-shirt.  Kalen was wearing a plaid maternity turtleneck and I think everyone thought he was going to take the cake until Greg came upstairs in this.

Everyone was in tears laughing including me.  He later added a shirt underneath.  Guess he didn't want his brothers to be jealous or anything.

And this lovely picture that my husband so carefully took of me is to show off my ugly Christmas sweater get up.  The picture does not do it justice.  Wait-only burning would do it justice.

More to come later.

2 comments:

Grammy K said...

Finally! I have been checking every day, and thank you for posting some new pictures. Looks like everyone had a really good time. That's great, so glad the girls finally sat on Santa's knee.

Ryan said...

Wait, I thought it was a Ugly sweater not an Ugly Vest contest, I dont think it was nice calling me a chicken, I stopped at thrift stores on the way down and also walmart and Kmart and couldnt find anything, and I dont have any ugly sweaters hanging around my house. At least with the santa shirt I was in the season, Plus we didnt decide to do it till last minute. I thought we had a great time and the kids were upset to be leaving, they love being with their cousins and being at Gma and Gpa's, pretty unique to actually have everyone together as much as we can because not all families is it an easy task to do so...