Today this little girl is 9 months old. That is crazy. Time is flying by so quickly. I know they say to savor the baby years but I just seem to do better with toddlers who are a bit more independent and such so I am glad she is getting older and growing and learning. I wasn't sure after Allie if our second baby would be able to match up (Allie just seemed to do everything with ease and ahead of schedule or right on the mark). Heck with schedules I don't even have time to read up on what she should or shouldn't be able to do at this age; she is just a little motor machine of energy and doesn't seem afraid of anything.At 9 months here are some of her stats:
-She weighs 16 pounds
-I don't remember off the top of my head how tall she was at the last doctor visit
-She has 3 teeth (two bottom and one top with one coming in)
-She has had tonsillitis twice and an ear infection twice and numerous colds (the luck of a second child I guess. Allie was sick once her first year of life.)
-She sleeps through the night
-She naps at least twice a day
-She eats like a machine. Long gone are my worried days when I first started feeding her solids and she would only eat a spoonful and I was sure she would never eat a thing (again compared to her sister-this was not what I was used to.) Now when she gets in her high chair she is constantly screeching for more food to be placed before her as she inhales it at lightening fast speeds. She prefers real people food to baby mush and has pretty good hand eye coordination getting it into her mouth. She loves peaches, melon, strawberries, peas, kidney beans, macaroni, bread, cheese, bananas, puffs, yogurt-well pretty much anything. Meal time is a zoo at our house with this howler monkey sitting beside me in her seat. I told Greg one night I am going to feed the kids first and then put them to bed and make a meal for us to eat in silence and actually enjoy every bite. I would like to say that this too will pass but the truth is pretty much since she was born we haven't had many peaceful meals. Love you Brailie
-She can crawl and find you in any room of the house
-She can push open half closed doors
-Pulls herself up to furniture and scoots along it
-Holds her own sippy cup
-Says "Ma Ma" but only when she is desperate for food or to be picked up
-She smiles everytime we bring out the camera
-She loves to play with Allie even though Allie pretty much takes away every toy she is holding.
-She isn't a cuddler and doesn't even really like to be held, she would rather be on the go. I have a feeling this sports season is going to be a doozy.
We love this little sweetie. Happy 9 months old Brailie.
No comments:
Post a Comment