First we went to Aunty Helen and Uncle Doug's house. Now I just want to say my whole life I have always included the honorary title of aunt (or as we say in Canada Aunty) and Uncle when referring to one of my parents siblings. I have never ever just called them by their first name. I think it is an honor to be an Aunt or Uncle and love that title. Thus I am teaching my girls the same thing. So when we got to my aunt and uncles house I told Allie that this was Aunty Helen (though we have been there a few times before) and after her initial 5 minutes of shyness she pretty much wore that name right out, "Aunty Helen lets go see this," "Aunty Helen lets go outside," "Aunty Helen where is tommy (the cat)," "Aunty Helen I want to play the piano." It was so cute. We had a great visit at their house. I think Aunty Helen and Uncle Doug got such a kick out of Allie and were probably long overdue for a nap after we left.
Here is Allie eating the blueberry pie I took along to Aunty Helens house. She called it bumbleberry pie and ate every drop (this after eating half a cucumber and half a bowl of jello, half a roll, 3 helpings of green beans, meats and cherry tomatoes for dinner- and we can't get the girl over the 26 pound mark.)
Playing with Aunty Helen on the swing
Brailie let Aunty Helen hold-even when I left the room to go to the bathroom and she didn't cry. We didn't experiment with this until we were about to leave. I told Aunty Helen she was hired as my full time nanny.
After daddy bought his chain saw and we did some other shopping we went out to eat. Brailie got to have her own melon and she didn't hold back let me tell you.She wolfed down 3 pieces and screached when I cleaned her off!!!!!
Allie's mod-podge of a lunch. This girl is so funny; after eating some dessert she always wants to go back and eat more of her regular food. Spaghetti and ice cream-ummm what a combo.
Then because it felt like it was three million degrees outside and we made the mistake of saying the work "swimming" and were hounded for all of 2 hours prior to this, we decided we better find a pool ASAP and get wet. The girls had a blast. The pool had a great kiddy area that was totally not parent friendly with all kinds of squirty things and other water stuff that is fun for like 8-10 year olds and really just annoys parents but the girls loved playing in the water.


1 comment:
Looks like you guys had a fun a productive trip! Sorry it didn't work out to get together, but hopefully next time! :)
Post a Comment