Thursday, October 7, 2010

Pumpkin Picking

Oh dear I am so far behind on this family blog. This is from Sept 30th. We had a home baseball game and it went really fast which left us with a few minutes of daylight in the evening and I asked Greg if we could PLEASE go out to the pumpkin patch and see if the gates were open to get some pumpkins. So we went and the gate was open and I nearly had a heart attack because of all the beautiful pumpkins. I could have taken a whole semi trailer of them home. Greg would only let me have what would fit in the blazer. Why weren't we in the truck???? Here are the highlights.
Allie didn't like walking around in the patch too much cause it was poky.

She was looking around though for some good ones. She has yet to learn that they are all good.

This is one happy mama right here in her heaven on earth
I spotted this field of giant pumpkins from far. I knew it because of their bright orange color. I wanted to cry. I have always wanted a giant pumpkin. Greg allowed me two and made me feel guilty for wanting two huge ones so I got one huge one and one not so huge.
My pumpkins with the pumpkins.
Look at all of them. I suppose I could take the girls out some time while Greg is in school and see if I could lift one or 17 more.

No comments: