Friday, September 2, 2011

The Beach

School started on Wed (Aug 24th) and the girls were a bit bummed that dad was for sure going to be gone all day.  I decided to take the girls out to the beach (a big sandy area by the river).  I felt like I should call and see if we could find any friends to go with us and it turned out perfect because there were friends that wanted to come and so the girls had lots of kids to play with.  At first we thought that we weren't in a good spot for them to play by the water so they were just playing in the sand but they really wanted to get wet and so as we started walking we found the perfect spot with just enough sand for kids and a perfect place to get wet.  My girls had a blast and didn't want to leave.  I for sure will be taking them back as many times as I can before the summer ends.
Elise, Byron and the girls in the sand.


Allie and Katelin





Katelin thought it was so fun to roll in the sand.  I bet her mom's car had much more sand in it when they got home than ours did.

Brailie is a good copy cat these days.

What a fun morning with friends. 

1 comment:

Grammy K said...

What fun! Makes me want to find some water and some sand to play in what a good idea. Love all the pictures. thank you for sharing.