Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Playing in the Sand

I think this happened on Wed Sept 15th. I decided to take the girls out to the sandbox while I pulled a few weeds in the flower beds in the backyard. Up until this point I had not let Brailie be in the sandbox on her own- knowing full well that the human vacuum that she is would not do well in a free for all of dirt and sand but I wanted to do some minimal weeding so I thought, "what the heck-lets just see what happens." She was timid at first-but people that only lasted for a few seconds. Before I knew it she was inhaling fist fulls of sand as fast as she could-as if it were a really good dessert. I thought about trying to stop her but she was not going to be stopped so I just let it go. She soon moved on to just playing in the sand and had a wonderful time as you can see from the pictures. I was thrilled at the 15 minutes of weed pulling peace I had and the blast the girls had. I almost wished there had been more weeds just so they could have played longer.



This is my favorite picture. It says it all.
Even Allie just played and played (ahhhh what a great moment).

Look at her little feet covered in sand.
Playing-actually playing together.

No comments: