Saturday, January 15, 2011
Allie and baby Jesus
Our town still has up their large nativity set in the park. We have been super huge fans of this since it was set up in November. When Allie first discovered baby Jesus was in the manger she has wanted to go and see it every day. When the weather has been nice we have walked over and looked at it and she has even touched baby Jesus a few times. Well lately the weather has been cold so we have not gone for walks but everytime we drive by the park she begs to see baby Jesus (and is quite disgusted with you if you don't stop I might add). On Monday (Jan 10) I took the girls for a quick walk to see baby Jesus. One of the wisemen was knocked over and his head came off so we fixed him first. Then Allie wanted to see the baby. She had me walk up to the manger with her. At first she just looked then she asked if she could hold him. I said sure. She picked him up and cradled him in her arms so gently. She then asked if we could sing a song-Away in a Manger is what she picked. We sang that. She talked to him and told him how cute he was. She showed baby Jesus to Brailie in the stroller. Then she wanted me to sing one more song, "Could I hold the Baby" (a primary song we learned last year that I am teaching her). When that was done she was not ready to go so we just stood and she held the baby a little longer. Then she placed him back in the manger and said good-bye and that we would see him again and we walked home. What a little sweetie.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
What a little sweet heart. That is precious.
I agree, that is so precious. I would have not found my way home because of b lurred vision due to crying. That is just so sweet.
Post a Comment