It has come to an end-I can't believe it. I still feel like it might be a dream. I am no longer a basketball widow. And, probably much to the shock of my husband and family-I am going to miss it a bit. The girls on the varsity team were so outstanding this year. They have really restored my faith in the American Teenager that is for sure.
Well here are the highlights from the tournament (yep and not an actual picture of any basketball stuff-who had time when I was chasing my two munchins around). Greg's team took 6th. They could have gone all the way and deserved too but a terrible injury to one player 45seconds into the first game really hurt them. Still they played so well and won on the last day which is a first for Greg's team. We are very proud of them. And now to the other important stuff: what did my girls wear? I made them these outfits:
![]() |
| I found this shirt at DI and just added the words on the back. |
![]() |
| I think Brailie was in a daze the entire time. Poor thing was so sleep deprived and exhausted. She did great though. |
-Allie fell out of the hotel bed twice on the first night. She has never done that before. The first time was during a power outage. I was in the bathroom and heard the thud and the screaming and told Greg he had to get her because I couldn't see to make my way back quickly. He comforted her and eventually put her back to bed. The second time the power had come back on so when I picked her up off the floor I noticed that there were two dark spots on her bed and so I took her to the bathroom by the light and saw that her whole mouth was covered in dry blood. She had cut her lip open the first time but we didn't know because we couldn't see.
-Brailie found her voice every night and entertained us with all sorts of mouth noises for at least an hour every time we put her to bed.
-Brailie found everything she could reach within minutes of us arriving in the hotel and had the phone buttons pressed, the tv on, the Kleenex box emptied and the buttons on the safe all pressed. The phonebook was taken to unknown places and my purse was emptied. It was really fun being in the hotel with a 16 month old.
-Allie pretty much disowned me as a mother and told me she would be going everywhere with the basketball team on the bus and I couldn't come. She did decide I was cool when we went swimming.
She even got brave and got out of her floaty ring and just played in the water without any floaties.
![]() |
| I just think this picture of Brai is cute. |
I love how they are all looking at Nathan in this picture.
![]() |
| Nathan, Rylee, Kinsey and Allie. |












No comments:
Post a Comment