So those of you who know me really well probably know that I kind of have a love/hate relationship with basketball. My husband on the other hand has a TRUE LOVE relationship with basketball. The basketball season to me seems longer than anything else: school year, summer break, baseball. My husband is Dedicated with a capital D to being a coach. I have to admit that there are times with I feel a bit green with envy towards these girls who get to spend what seems to be more time with my husband than me or my girls during the season. However this year I have particularly grown to love this group of basketball girls more than any others. Maybe it is because I taught almost all of them when I taught for one year in Green River and also because they are just great girls. They love my family, they are friendly and kind, they say "thank you", they listen to their coach more than to anyone in the stands and they work so hard. This year, the team feels more like family. That made today (Feb 5th) a bit of a bitter sweet day. It was the last home game of the season but also the last home game of some wonderful Senior basketball players.
![]() |
| This is the whole Varsity team this year. |
![]() |
| The girls gave us these pans of cinnamon rolls as a thank you. I will be posting about them momentarily. |
![]() |
| Hugging his girls. I think Greg and I would both agree that we would be happy to call any of these seniors our daughter. |
![]() |
| Greg with his "other girls" |
![]() |
| Greg with all of his girls. |








2 comments:
Sweet pictures. Those girls are really great.
This brought back great memories of my great senior year that I had at Green River High.
Post a Comment