A little while ago while I was making some things on Smilebox I was browsing through their music selection and came across these songs. I nearly burst into tears because these were the songs of my childhood and I can see my dad sitting with his accordion, shoulders and head swaying, foot tapping as he played these so we could dance. If only I could go back in time I would ask Heavenly Father to let me sit in on a dance or two where he and my aunt used to play in their younger years. I would be thrilled beyond belief just to hear him play in his prime. I had to see what Allie would do when she heard the same sweet songs. These are for you Dad and Auntie Helen and of course my mom who has always encouraged us to dance.
2 comments:
Both these videos are just wonderful. Thank you soooooo much, I loved watching them. Dad will have to see them tomorrow. Makes me think of the mama, when she was little and her loving to dance to Dad's polka music.
Dad says: The music takes me back and gives me misty eyes too. I can see you and the boys dancing while I was playing upstairs when we had no carpet. I can see the girls have a natural talent and dancing in their future. I'm proud of you for teaching them these things. Hope to see yout his spring if things work out.
Love, Dad
Post a Comment