My little girl turned 4. For months I have been asking her if she would just like to stay 3 and every time she would get quite defensive and tell me that she wanted to turn 4. I offered stay little pills and get small pills and told her being 2 or 3 would be fine but to no avail-she just had to go and turn 4 on me. I actually like 4-I am hoping with 4 there are less melt downs and tantrums (if you know otherwise please don't pass the info on to me and let me live in my dream world a little longer). She is so smart and funny and a good helper and a good big sister. Her and Brailie are playing so well right now it makes every day of frustration with a newborn and a 19 month old worth it.
We had a rainbow themed party for her. I couldn't really think of what she is into right now so rainbows seemed happy and springy and that is what she is (most of the time). I don't get to throw parties very often and that is one of my favorite things to do so I had to do as many cute and fun things as possible in one night. It turned out perfectly-even though we had to have it in the house instead of inside. We had a few friends and Greg's parents and my aunt and uncle from Springville. It was the perfect amount of people and Allie was thrilled to have them all here for her. I am going to post the details on my Small Fry blog as I have been missing that a bit. Here are just some highlight pictures.
1. These are cupcakes in a jar-the rainbow version-pretty much my new favorite thing.2. Rainbow banner made with paint chips
3. A second rainbow banner made with paint chips (they are the best thing to use for rainbow parties)
4. Rainbow cake pops made by my fabulous brother and best uncle ever. They aren't even the cheaters method cake mix pops-these babies were homemade cake and homemade frosting and Greg summed them up perfectly when he said, "these are the most wonderful, delicious thing I have ever had. I need 40 more."
5. Rainbow napkin rings
6. In all the festivity planning I forgot a little cake to put the candles on so my aunt and I went to the store and bought this very over priced mini carrot cake. I scraped the carrots off the top and sprinkled it with colored sugars I had. It was perfect for Allie to blow the candles out on.
7. Rainbow sugar cookies. These were made with a recipe I found for edible playdough (check the small fry blog for the details).
8. Rainbow punch (cheaters method).
9. The party spread (before the punch).
![]() |
| The picture caption says it all. She is a beautiful 4 year old and was so sweet to make sure Brailie was included in party stuff. It was really cute. |
Here are a few pictures of Allie opening presents.
![]() |
| Showing the 4 wheeler she got from mom and dad and opening a book of Beatrix Potter stories from Aunty Helen and Uncle Doug. They also gave her 20.00 and gave Brailie 5.00 |
![]() |
| Opening a box from Grammy. She got a set of 3 more sweet streets houses and a big bag of accessories. The girls love these little houses and people and they are a big hit at basketball games. |
![]() |
| Thrilled about this little pack of ice cream erasers |
![]() |
| Opening paper dolls from Grandma and Grandpa. She loves these |
![]() |
| A great set of mini strawberry shortcake dolls from Uncle Steven. They are a huge hit also. |
![]() |
| Look at those gun skills. Ahhh I've been shot. |










2 comments:
So glad it was a success. Her hair looked ADORABLE. Wish we could have been there. I can't believe all the decorations. What lucky girls you have. They are loved!
Yes, one of the best things the girls have are parents that care, and love them and always want to show them how much they are loved. They are going to look back on these memories and think wow, she did all that. Especially when they become moms and do it themselves and realize how much effort and time it takes. Great job Heather and yes the most beautiful 4 year old in the world.
Post a Comment