After the basketball tournament was over we all went to Greg's parents new house in Monroe (have I mentioned how much we love the new house-so much room and I covet the kitchen). Let me just explain what it is usually like when the whole Parsons clan gets together:
-kids running around and screaming and laughing and crying-adults screaming over the children to hear each other
-and sports-lots and lots of watching sports (especially golf-SNORE).
-the men usually watch sports, the women sometimes do crafts and mostly watch the children
-oh and surfing the internet-someone is always surfing the web
It pretty much has been that way since I married into the family. I am getting used to tuning out some kind of sports program. But (and this is a BIG BUT) this time a miracle occurred. It came in the form of Just Dance 2 for Kids to play on the Wii (don't worry those of you who don't know what that means). It is a game that you play that is on the TV and shows kids dancing to different songs and you have to try and copy their moves (that is the readers digest version). Well Grandma bought it for Kylie (9) to try to see if she wanted it for her birthday. That got all the kids up dancing. But the real miracle is that prior to this the men were watching the All-Star Basketball game and they turned it off so the kids could dance. After the kids danced a couple of songs all the moms took a turn, but only because the men promised they would if we did. And yep-I have videos to prove it. (please excuse my laughing in the background but this was hilarious).
Untitled from Heather Parsons on Vimeo.
And they even had fun. Greg danced for like 5 different songs. Ryan danced more on his own too. I have never seen anything like this in my 4 years of marriage. We all had a blast. It was the best time we have had together yet-in my opinion.
Here is Allie dancing. She of course was only in her panties by the end of the night (I don't know who she gets that from :))
Untitled from Heather Parsons on Vimeo.
And here are a few more pics.
This is when we convinced Grandma to join in.
I love how in this picture they are all doing something different though they are all supposed to be doing the same moves.
No-Grandpa Stan is not an invalid-we convinced him to try too-only he just danced in his chair (and I think he had fun too).
All I have to say is this has got to become a Parsons tradition because it was so fun. Lets make more traditions-what do you say Parsons?






3 comments:
Oh my, that is so funny! We played that with the YW once. I want that game so bad!
I agree! More of the dancing...less of the SITTING on the couches watching lame tv. :) That was such a fun time, we can't wait to do it again!
It was lots of fun to watch it all. It was right up there with Dad dancing with his handkerchief under his chin. (You had to be there)
Post a Comment